Re: tax facts

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 12:52:28 PST

 khein@richmond.k12.va.us wrote:I used to do it like you with one big folder but just recently I started putting them in large brown envelopes by month-I have a big handle bag sitting on the floor-and as each month goes by, I put another brown 9x12 envelope inside it with the appropriate month on it. I have an art business from home as well so I save just about all receipts and bills. It doesn't sound very organized but it saves me a lot of sorting at the end of the year-at tax time I go thru each envelope and record books,periodicals: art supplies,:seminars: clothing: computer and software supplies. I also keep a small pocket calendar that keeps track of where I have driven. I store them in the envelopes too in case of audit. Hope this helps.