Art and computer room

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 09:52:00 PST

Hi everyone,
I'm currently lobbying for an art room at our elementary school. Space,
however, is very limited at our school (I'm sure everyone can relate) and a
group of parents are also lobbying to fund a computer lab. They will
probably get the last available room for the lab. I am a proponent of
computers in the classroom, however I can't see it replacing the experience
of making art. Any thoughts on how to combine these two in one room without
damaging valuable equipment? It's a good size room in a portable with
windows, the natural light is o.k. We have class sizes of 20 (K-3) to 32
(4-6). I have brought up this subject before the PTA and they're concerned
about the mess it would create and possible damage to equipment.

Thanks!! I'm going to propose ideas again at next week's meeting.

Jenna in Alameda

---