teacher burnout

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 08:21:58 PST

I have found this thread interesting because, I, too, have been feeling this
way.I explained to my husband last night that I just feel "flat"-it's as if
nothing bumps me one way or the other right now. The feeling seems to be
fairly pervasive around my school, too, but I find it interesting that it
seems to be nationwide. I thought maybe it was the weather we've been having
in NC and the ups and downs of make up day schedules, but it must be larger
than that. Perhaps it's partly the state of our nation and world that is
affecting us more than we realize on a conscious level. Definitely it must
have something to do with kids' attitudes and foul mouths-that gets to me
too. What I find most frustrating, though, is never having "me" time and
feeling like my life is a constant rush here, rush there. Making art helps,
but by the time I find a few minutes to do it, I'm exhausted.

Hopefully, for all of us, spring is close at hand. I guess all we can do
right now is what we are doing-supporting each other and putting one foot in
front of the other on a daily basis. Peace, love, and revived spirits to
all! Linda

---