Re: Teacher Burn Out

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 18:09:12 PST

I hate missing days because I teach elementary and if I miss a day, I don't
see those kids until the following week. Plus, planning is difficult when
you have 4 or 5 grade levels a day each doing a different lesson. Then,
even after all your planning, the students never seem to work as hard when
you're not there so the class time is almost totally lost. Finally, most of
the time the sub you get is not certified in art and will clearly state that
they know nothing about art. Yes, I agree that it's tough taking a day off.

Leah