Re: Digital Video Camcorders?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 17:26:07 PST

I agree with Harold.

> We use Canon ZR40s and they have been fine.

I have the ZR45. I like a camera with the capability to do stills with
memory card included.

I can't say enough about iMovie. It is so simple and produces quality
results. I have been using it on my G4's and now I have 3 new eMacs wow
do I love OS X.

I've been fooling with programs for years-- Avid, Premier, Final Cut, but
iMovie is so immediate in great results for all age levels and abilities
I think it's worth giving up the struggle with other programs.

My computer supervisor just gave me a copy of Final Cut Express. It's the
new program from Mac that falls somewhere between Final Cut and iMovie. I
haven't opened it yet, but I can't wait.

My advice---
whatever you do you have to have up to date machines that can handle this
memory eating stuff and you will need DVD burning capability, because once
the kids get a taste of making movies they are going to go wild.
let them go wild
this is something they really want to do and they will bring all kinds of
things to the process that you never imagined. Remember these are video
generation kids.

get whatever your monies will afford you to get and let them go wild.
Patty

---