Re: Middle School discipline problems

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 17:35:51 PST

I was thinking along the same lines as Maggie, get the cooperative students
(or all of them, at first) involved with a slick project that is difficult
to mess up so that students can work independently. Even the better
students will get negative if they are punished for something that they
didn't do. Make it clear that all questions must be asked during the
intro and demo. While you watch the class "like a hawk" (because you won't
be helping them), faithfully and consistently stick to consequences you have
for misbehavior. It will get easier. Now who wants to suggest ideas for
the above "slick", easy, no-fail projects?

Leah, who by the way has only taught high school and elementary school, not
middle school