Re: Need your input

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 17:09:04 PST

Judy Nagel wrote:

> Hi All, We have been having an internal discussion regarding the monies that
> art educators spend on their classroom. I know that most of you do spend
> some of your own dollars on your classroom needs.

I spend a considerable amount. It becomes a reality when I add up deductions
for taxes. Somewhere between $1000 to $2000. It really depends on what
you count.

> Can you tell me as a
> general statement, at what time of the year do you do that? Is it usually
> at the beginning of the school year, the end of the school year, the middle
> of the school year or all year around?

I suspect my answer will be like most others. I spend it spread through out
the year. Funds from my school and the district must be spent a certain times
and in a prescribed manner. While money out of my pocket is flexible. I can
buy it when I need it and anywhere I choose.

> What is the approximate amount
> spent? If you can offer some help, please respond to me at jdnag@elknet.net
> Thanks a bunch!
> Judy Nagel