Re: Teacher Burn Out

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 16:55:18 PST

I don't think it is an art teacher thing as much as it is a responsible
teacher thing. I do agonize about taking days, however, on long
stretches such as this March, I make sure I take one.
My burn out is not about not having time for myself, because I do. Mine
is about a system that is draining me. The constant no help for
discipline problems, the constant schedule changes, the contracts, and
all the rest of that crap that I am supposed to just sit back and smile
about. That is what has me down.
The fact that I had the Asst. Principal of Security say to me that we
can't do much about a kid who tells me F**k you in the classroom.
Because F you to them is the same as you and I saying hello. What is
with that?
That's what I am tired of.
Michele (who can't seem to shutup tonight) : )

khein@richmond.k12.va.us wrote:

> What a day to pick up on a thread like this! I awoke at 1AM this morning
> having nightmares about students. Couldn't go back to sleep, so i got up and
> did some work- listed my priorities, decided what neded to stay and what needed
> to go- and tried to talk myself into taking a mental health day this week.

---