Re: HS Art Teachers- course selections

---------

From: Patty Phillips (plphillips_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 13:39:05 PST

Patty,
I'm sure that having a rigorous, standards-based program has taken some of
the fun out of art for the kids, because its not nearly as much fun for me
to teach. I'm not quite seeing the same trend at my school, but I listen to
kids complain everyday about having to work so hard in art class. I'm sure
I run off more than a few students every year because I'm a demanding ol'
witch, but the ones who stick with the program are real gems.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Patty in KY>