Taking days- was burnout

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 13:02:39 PST

I have a very difficult time taking days and have been trying HARD to
find a day that would not put a days worth of classes a week behind. My
problems with taking days , as I perceive them, are:
Alot of time invested in one day of sub plans for 6 different grade
levels
There are no 'art' subs. so I have to explain everything! or do a
generic, which I hate to do.
When I have a sub, and they do art instead of watching a video, I get
crap!
Or come back to no supplies.
A sub never gets them to work as hard.
I like to save some tried and true easy plans for the days when I can't
move because I am exhausted.
I don't have very many videos.
I hate to lose one of the few plan periods I get each week
These are just some of the things that I think about. But I really am
going to take a day here....soon........
Betsy

khein@richmond.k12.va.us wrote:
All year long I have been sying that I