odds and ends

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 10:17:13 PST

In the current issue of Bead & Button magazine:
Queen of beads
by Siobhan Sullivan
Transform a photo into a fabulous bead embroidery - since some of you have
been interested in the Liza Lou beading -

And a note about the clay bowls - there is an artist - her name is Karen
Bell ( Spring Green, WI - that has been at one of the large art fairs here
in Louisville - I have a few of her leaves - and they include an organism on
each... the tiniest lady bugs - a monarch caterpillar on a milkweed leaf -
and her bowls are amazing - biomes with several plants and animals - she
must use a high fire stoneware - the leaves are extremely thin - but adding
the correct organisms to the leaves may extend the clay leaf bowl project -

Ellen

---