Re: teacher burnout

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:17:34 PST

Combat the burnout with art! I just bought a great sewing table. (I do fabric mixed media stuff and make lap quilts from scraps to donate to nursing homes. ) It sits beside my painting table now.
At this time - it could be worse- we could be out of a job. My husband is an electrician and was part of a 300 person lay off this past week. The economy is so bad that where we are at there doesn't seem to be any jobs...
Half an hour a day seems to help me a lot!
Jancy
 Marian Colman <colmans1@cape.com> wrote:First of all, Patty, you are a great writer. You have a gift with putting
words together and your reflections are sensitive and earnest. I always
tune in to your posts and thank you for sharing your perspective. Secondly,
Melissa, you are admirable for your discipline in accomplishing so much. I
have the same schedule, but kids are grown and I'm usually in bed by 9!
You have inspired me to get more work done in my studio during the week.
Thanks to both of you!!
Marian