RE: Teacher Burn Out

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 20:22:34 PST

Teacher Burn OutI've only been teaching for 12 years and sometimes I feel
the same way. This is what works for me..

I arrive 1/2 hour before school starts every day. I stay 1/2 hour after
school also. I use my plan time to the fullest. I don't waste it
socializing or just sitting in the lounge. My work day is 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
By 3:30 I work out in the gym for 1/2 hour. (I go to Curves if you've heard
of it they have this 30 minute workout. - I've lost weight too). I pick up
my two kids from daycare by 4:15 or 4:30. Family time until 8:30 p.m.They
help with chores every night. (lunches, dishes, homework, or game
practice). By 9:00 p.m. I'm in my art studio upstairs. I have a schedule
for ME!!! I last until around 11:00 p.m. or so. I get up at 5:30 a.m.

Monday Night - I paint for myself
Tuesday Night - Lesson planning or grading, typing rubric grade sheets,
surfing the net for plans.
Wednesday Night - my night again.
Thursday Night - Lesson planning or grading, typing rubric grade sheets,
surfing the net for plans.
Friday Night - Movie night at home with my family. Usually I'm pooped from
the week.
Weekends - play with family.

I don't stray from this plan unless I have to.
It works. I've learned that I have to have time for ME!!!
Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO