sticker recipe

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:58:05 PST

I mentioned this previously on the list thinking
someone else had probably tried it, but never heard
anything. Someone requested the recipe, so here it
is...

I haven't tried ever this - I found it in The Kids'
Crazy Concoctions by Jill Frankel Hauser

Lick it Later Gum I-
1 packet (1/4oz or 6.25g) unflavored gelatin
1/4 (50ml) boiling water
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon food flavoring (optional)

1. Pour gelatin into heat-proof container. Add
boiling water. Stir with a fork until gelatin is
dissolved.
2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Add flavoring such as vanilla, maple, or lemon. or
add a few drops of peppermint oil.

Lick it Later Gum II-
1 tablespoon flavored gelatin
2 tablespoons boiling water

1. Pour gelatin into heat-proof container.
2. Stir with a fork until gelatin is dissolved.

Brush the sticker gum onto the back of a small picture
and let it dry. Later you can stick it to paper just
by licking the back.

It says if the mixture sets into a hard gelatin that
you can simply put the container in a pan of hot water
to turn it back into a liquid.

It doesn't give tips for storing the stickers until
ready for use...

Good luck if you try it out before I do!

Dawn