Re: Middle School discipline problems

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:55:16 PST

Have you checked your lovely student's records? Does he have some
emotional/behavioral disability that's been tracked already? Does he
exhibit the same behavior in others' classes? Have you checked with the
guidance counselor--or is this an issue (for you) of wanting to handle it
on your own?
It sounds like he may have some as-yet undiagnosed issues going on.

I think I would make some point of finding the one or two students in the
room who may be able to do a project and let them. Make it simple so you
won't have to sit with them. Eventually you may be able to win a few more
over, then a few more, until the mood of the class alters.

Good luck! We've all been there.

At 08:02 PM 3/4/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm hoping that someone can give me some suggestions on this very difficult
>class of mine. I have one student who is naturally loud and impulsive. He
>tends to set the climate for the rest of the class. I
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---