Re: You have GOT to check out this young artist

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 17:05:26 PST

Larry,
Thank you so much for that beautiful post. It brought me back to the third
grade where I had a similar experience as well.
I just want to clarify a few things here. First, I do agree, all art movements
have a place. I do teach my anime kids that you have to learn how to draw it
real before you can know what to exaggerate. At that point I plunk down in front
of them my copy of ' Dynamic Anatomy'. Their eyes become wide and the next thing
I know they are following me around like puppy dogs asking if this muscle is
right and where can I buy this book?
I am sorry if it frustrates the living daylights out of some of you when all
you get is manga. But I have learned when given lemons, make lemonade. Try to
swallow some of that frustration and use it to your advantage.
Finally, I think the reason why I got so upset is because I love animation. I am
sorry I didn't study animation in college originally. I am now out to pursue my
dream of animation because I don't know how much longer I can keep teaching
before I burn out. This system is draining the very life out of me and I need to
do something soon.
Michele

Larry Seiler wrote:

> Re: You have GOT to check out this young artist
>

> I was in third grade...which was the year our President John F. Kennedy
> would be assassinated. ,

---