RE: Headphones in the Art Class

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:02:53 PST

Here are some of the benefits - if you are arguing your point - I mean
'presenting your case':

Children need to be in the best writing/learning environments. "Noise"
prevents that for certain children.

Every child has his own unique reactions to everyday classroom sounds.

Helping children achieve the best way to satisfy their personal needs in
this area requires you to experiment- be creative and open-minded.

  Some students may need the environment quieter than others. Using
headphones can be helpful in reducing extraneous sounds.

Here is Eric Jensen's (brain guru) page on music in the classroom

http://songsforteaching.homestead.com/Jensen1.html

- doesn't really say anything about headphones - but you could say to make
it an environment conducive to learning for all children - the use of
headphones allows you to meet the needs of children that are auditory
learners and sensitive to additional noise -

Ellen

---