Re: Headphones in the Art Class

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:01:47 PST

"Freeland, Sue" wrote:

> I have found that allowing students to listen to headphones during Art class, at other times than instructional, has been helpful in keeping the students focused on their work. <snip> The rule in school is no headphones in the classroom except for study hall. <snip>

Sue,

When we allowed headphones in the building, I found, also, that the
students could concentrate better and were less likely to kick back.
However, it occasionally became a disruption when they would pass
headphones back and forth, constantly rewind to listen to the same song
over and over, turn up the volume so loud that we could all hear the
music. However, we have had a no-headphones rule in our school for
many years now, and I feel that as a member of the team I have to follow
that guideline. The teachers who ignore it make it really difficult for
the rest of us.

Maggie

---