Re: Headphones in the Art Class

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 06:41:46 PST

In a message dated 3/4/2003 5:56:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
freelas@gardnerk12.org writes:

> The rule in school is no headphones in the classroom except for study hall.
> Does anyone know of any websites or information that would support my use
> of headphones in a high school class? I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks,

I have allowed my students to use headphones and music in class for years.
They are focused and work well. I have no problem with them hearing me and
stopping for instructions. They understand that they are using them in my
class and not in their other classes. I also play music in class for those
without headphones and it is the same thing.

Ken Schwab
Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
website: Leigh Art

---