Re: You have GOT to check out this young artist

---------

From: martha dodge (4boys_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 17:06:16 PST

"I will probably be flamed for this email, but I am sick and tired of cartooning and animation being called non-art.
Getting off my soap box in NY
Michele "

I will not give you any attitude. There are hundreds of art related careers and each one has its own roots and styles. Cartooning is art, animation is art, graphic design is art, calligraphy is art and at one time was considered just a trade, rubber stamping is art, graffiti is art and the list goes on. And of course not all artwork is considered a work of art. Sometimes it's fun and play and sometimes it is therapeutic. Sometimes it is considered useless by someone. One of my goals as an art teacher is to encourage students interest in the BROAD field of visual arts. We teach in a unique area of education as there is not and never will be one right answer to what, where, how and when is it art.
Martha D.

---