RE: You have GOT to check out this young artist

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:36:23 PST

>I see several. Which ones are you thinking of, Wendy?
well, for one, i was thinking of the relationship of art education and contemporary art and imagery that students see a lot of. it seems a bit snobbish to me to completely reject magna as an art form. also, since its so popular with so many students, it might be cool - and very relevant - to really study it and reach conclusions through direct research and experience. in other words, to treat it like any other art form/visual imagery we come across - to figure out how it fits into art education and into our world in general.
with regard to career opps: more painting traditional nudes in oils or creating magna?
:) wendy