Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

New virus warning

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 08:47:51 PST

Hi, all,

Pasted below is a virus warning from a reputable online newsletter.

This is a free service of Data Doctors - We
share your PAIN! If
you find this information helpful, pass it on to others...

If you would like to be added or removed from this list, go to:

______Beware of a recent spread of the new ‘LOVEGATE.C Worm’!
W32.HLLW.Lovgate.C@mm is the new worm spreading fast in Europe, Taiwan,
and Japan. The worm installs a backdoor program that could give
attackers access to
target PCs. The worm spreads by using a new social engineering tactic,
replying to
the target user's e-mail. The subject line states, "I'll try to reply as
soon as
possible. Take a look to the attachment and send me your opinion!" The
is, of course, the worm. The worm affects users of Microsoft Outlook and
Express. For more details, check out: