Re: You have GOT to check out this young artist

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 08:29:16 PST

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>Some of my students have successfully built on their lessons from this
>figure drawing practice, but most will be drawing these figures when they
>are 40! And the eyes will always relate to the Manga genre and the ears
>will always be pointed....
I second that - we have a very active Japanese Language program and those
kids really stick to this stuff - I hammer away on the point that these
are copyrighted images and SHOULD not be copied. Original artwork is hard
for these students who are so into this genre, but it is possible. It is
also hard for me to keep up with the game cards and images on net, but I
can recognize the signs (big ears, lots of flames, etc) and stifle it
whenever I can.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---