Fabric Workshop and Museum in Philadelphia !

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 02:36:08 PST

Hi All,
Here is the link to the Fabric Museum and Workshop in Philadelphia, PA

The Fabric Workshop and Museum is the only museum in the United States creating and exhibiting new work in fabric and experimental materials in collaboration with emerging and established international artists.

 http://www.fabricworkshopandmuseum.org./

A great place to visit in Philadelphia, the offer internships, apprenticeships and artist in residence programs.
Tours are available for school and art educator groups. (The tour of the actual studio is great, seeing the works in progress)
The exhibits I have seen there are remarkable.

Last year the FMW began "Evenings for Educators", in the Fall and Spring.

Evenings for Educators are offered each Fall and Spring semester and are designed to spur educators' interactions with the FWM and with their peers. Teachers and arts professionals can step outside of the classroom to explore how contemporary art, and FWM programs in particular, can enliven classroom discussions and activities.

Another great example of quality Art Education in Pennsylvania !!

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---