Re: Scratch Art Foram printing...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 15:49:51 PST

 Just wanted to say thanks Mark for earlier comments.

I'm into my 4th year here now...K-12..and unfortunately, my kids did not get a lot of experiences they should have. I had a number of 5th graders my first year thank me for their getting to paint with temperas, telling me they had never done so before!

I have found often that my highschoolers could be taught the same colorwheel basics as my elementary students. So, its been catch up for a number of years.

I see you suggest the foam prints for 1-3rd only, but I think this will yet be a good primer for the 7th graders who I will be pushing to do plastic etchings next year in 8th and 9th grades.

I'm always feeling like my work has been cut out for me.

I've been very pleased though with what my juniors and seniors have done with their acrylic landscapes each year, but I'm looking forward to those classes that will eventually work into those years with greater knowledge and understanding. Providing our small school survives the state deficit problems...Yikes!
peace,

Larry

>From: Mark Alexander <markcalexander@yahoo.com>
>Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:33:46 -0800 (PST)

> I've found this to be a great medium for 1-3 grade, but the older kids
> need more detail. Larry, I hope these hints help:

> Don't forget to redraw right on the plate. I usually cut a paper
> the size of the foam. Do a simple pencil drawing on the paper. With the
> foam under the paper on a hard surface, redraw, transfering the drawing
> to the foam.

---