Re: Calligraphy-Elementary, smart fifth graders?

---------

From: Anna (abanana_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 16:00:53 PST

They can totally do it. I've done really basic calligraphy with third
grade. They love it. THe trick is to keep the amount of "final writing"
short or they'll burn out on it./ THe kids who " make mistakes" or tend
to be hard on themselves have a hard time with the permenancy of ink and
calligraphy...but it's great for them!

Hand out some worksheets -alphabet examples- and have them practice some
letters that make up funny sounding words, or funny phrases (to keep them
entertained while practicing)

Have them make up a Haiku poem (write in callig.) and illustrate.

Have them create their own proverb. Study Chinese proverbs and their
translations. They have fun with them.

Hope some of this helps

Anna

---