Re: Beads & Glass & Science & Art

---------

From: Christopher Anderson (canderso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 13:04:50 PST

Deb,
If you're interested in glass blowing I have two excellent (four in all)
videos of glass blowers. Dawson Kellogg's Rhapsody in Glass (reviewed in
School Library Journal Dec. 2001) demonstrates basic techniques: a
simple handled mug, a glass with an optical twist, a "floppy bowl"
(hankerchief bowl), and some sculptural glass. Dawson, who teaches glass
at CCAD, goes into a good bit of the science of blowing and glass
itself.

Thomas Chapman's liquid colors, frozen in space demonstrates a footed
floppy bowl, cane, and sculptural (think heavy) cane. Check them out at
www.artinres.com

Chris Anderson
artists in residence, inc.
www.artinres.com

>>> dzinn@werple.net.au 03/31/02 15:37 PM >>>
Hi,

http://www.cmog.org/page.cfm?page=77

"A Resource for Glass
Contents: This resource contains information collected in response to
questions most often asked by teachers and students. Much of the
material relates to more than one subject and can lend itself to
interdisciplinary learning. *Arrange and reproduce the pages that may
meet your curriculum needs."

You need the free Adobe reader for the pdf file from Corning Museum of
Glass. Large file; you may need a fast Internet connection. But once
you have the page, you can download it to your hard drive for fast
access in the future.

This is the pdf link:

http://www.cmog.org/pdf/aroglass.pdf

Cheers,