Re: Tech sources

---------

From: Kaye Passmore (passmore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 10:38:03 PST

I am tired of doing token projects that
really only mimic what can be done at least as well elsewhere. Perhaps there
is an idea someone has tried, a program or approach recommended, or a site
found. Thanks--you guys are great.
Beth

Beth,
I know exactly what you mean. This past fall I worked with Craig Roland on
his course, Teaching Art Online. He addressed this issue in depth. He had
lots of ideas in the last unit of the course for meaningful art projects
that used the internet as a major learning tool. He cited so many examples
of Web sites showing what other teachers had done in their classes.
   Look for Ginny Rockwood's article in the May issue of SchoolArts
magazine. She had her students research Greek sculptures before they made
their own sculptures, only the research was better than ordinary research.
   Let me know if you're interested in either Craig's CD of his course, or
his course.
Kaye
kpassmore@davis-art.com
www,davis-art.com