FW: San Antonio Museum - Re: Is anyone going to NECC / San Antonio ?

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 09:37:31 PST

Woody,

When you get too much of the tec-left brains go out to the McNay (I
can't remember how to spell it) Museum. It is the most delightful
museum in the entire world. My absolute favorite. I understand it
has just been opened after a renovation. It is a hacienda which was
left as a museum by the owner to house her collection. She became
enthusiastic about art when she went to the Armory show in Chicago as
a child. Her collection is much larger than the museum so the exhibit
changes from time to time. The court yard is a little touch of
heaven.

I want to hear what you saw!
----------
>From: Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Is anyone going to NECC / San Antonio ?
>Date: Sun, Mar 31, 2002, 8:08 AM

> My district is sending me to this computer conference again
> this year. I was hoping there would be some art type people
> there. Please e-mail me if you are going to this conference.
> mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com

> I'm going to the 23rd annual National Educational Computing
> Conference (NECC) to be held in San Antonio, from June
 1719, 2002.
<snip>
> It's a very well organized conference, but when you get 10,000
> left brained types together in one place it can seem real strange.
> Most everyone will have their Palm Pilots, Lap Tops, Cell Phones,
> Pagers, etc. with them at all times. It can seem very lonely in that
> left brain wired crowd.

 If you are going to be in Texas, let me know, Woody in KC

---