Re: Tech sources

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 06:23:32 PST

Beth,
        I agree completely, technology can be just an expensive tool or
nuisance. Kids are always asking if they can play on the computers.
They hurry through their work in hopes of getting on a computer.
I want to slow them down and give thought to a given problem.
Here is a short list of things I have found very effective for computers
and technology. We need to work within our comfort level and to
find out where this new stuff enhances our teaching and not distract
from it. My short list:
        Powerpoints about artists that I create
        Powerpoints of students working in class for conferences
        Powerpoint lesson plans showing students working through lesson
        School Web sites to promote our programs
        Web based exhibitions of student art
        Web based lesson plans to share ideas
        Web based field trips to prepare or review for a trip
        Digital photos for my seating chart
        Digital photos of students working for my displays
        Digital portraits for resources in drawing
        Research on art terms and artists
I'm sure others could expand on this list. I know that now I go to the
web for lots of information I used to go to the library for. I used to
phone the reference desk at the public library to find out if an artist
I was teaching around next week was dead yet. Now I do a search
on Google.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail