Artsconnected - free online workshop using the MIA and Walker web site

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 05:45:12 PST

Hi all,

I will be presenting my 6th online workshop dealing with ArtsConnected on
April 16th from 6-7:30 CST. MN is 2 hours later than the west coast and an
hour earlier than the east coast. The session will be presented on Tappedin
(Teachers Professional Institute), which is located at:

http://www.tappedin.org

You can sneak a peek at artsconnected ahead of time by visiting the site at:

http://www.artsconnected.org

The workshop is free and I will be sharing a lot of information regarding
how to use the site and its applications in the classroom, K-12 and across
the curriculum. I am one of the 24 trainers that were selected by the
museums (the Mpls. Institute of Art and the Walker Art Center), to present
the site. I think that you will find it a valuable experience for many
reasons. One of its most exciting possibilities is the emphasis that it
places on student-directed, standards-based learning. Additionally, the use
of the computer and the storage and retrieval of information that this
learning paradigm avails itself of, helps to really free up the instructor
to assess work and present instruction to students in a much more flexible
and time friendly manner in addition to having a wealth of visual resources
at hand all the time.

If you are interested, it is recommended that you arrive about 10 minutes
early in order to be shown a few of the ropes for using Tappedin.

Hope to see you on the 16th!

Kevan Nitzberg

---