Re: mold on clay ~ more

---------

From: Deb M. (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 09:35:57 PST

I have my scary clay story as well - I was teaching a summer school pottery
class and the clay had grown a good amount of mold on it (I know that is
good for the elasticity of clay, so I just worked it in). I had gotten a
paper cut that morning - not a big deal or anything, but a day later I had
blood poisoning - the red line that went from the paper cut on my finger all
the way up my arm, severe headache, fever, pain - and had to go to emergency
to get an antibiotic IV. I can't think of how else I would have
contaminated that small cut except for the clay.....