that "go to China" virus

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 18:36:44 PST

Was anyone else sent that virus today? (or worm or whatever it is) I don't know if that's the correct name but it sets the computer to open to "gotochina" when you open the internet. Then it gives you a cookie that keeps opening pages, either ads or porn, and jams up the computer.
You don't have to open an attatchment to get it..it starts as soon as the e-mail opens.
 I now know how to get rid of it, but how does one prevent it from opening? It opened automatically because it was the first new message. As soon as I saw the subject ("hi") and the sender(gibberish) I tried to delete it but was too late.
 Is there a way to not open messages until you want to?
 BTW, if I see the subject saying "hi", no way will I open it.
  Wendy

---