space for kiln

---------

From: Hoffelt (gman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 18:24:09 PST

I was wondering what kind of space do you keep your kiln stored.

We had a bomb threat last week. The fire marshall was part of the squad that searched our building and we were lucky enough to get him in our end of the building. He was not happy with our kiln room--made us remove everything, including clay boards, carts and the boxes that the clay comes packaged in. We have a new school, the room is 16' by 16'. The kiln sits in one corner with metal shelves on two opposite walls. The kiln is at least 10 feet away from the shelves. So now we have this great 16 foot square room that is empty except for a small kiln. I am very frustrated. Luckily, due to reduction in force last year, we have an empty art room to put our "stuff" in but it is very unhandy and I don't know how long we can keep the room. Are other states this strict? LLH in So. Dak.

Blank_Bkgrd.gif