Re: check it out

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 09:58:14 PST

In a message dated 3/29/2002 8:33:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ARTNSOUL12@aol.com writes:

> Love the Bottle Monsters! What grade did these? Are they papier mache?
> What kind of paint did you use? The colors are so bright. I do "Biography
> Bottle Babies" with my 2nd graders. Using a 2 liter bottle as a base for
> the body, the kids create a famous person they have chosen to write about
> in their classroom. Serious stuff-LOL... Your monsters are more whimical
> and fun!
> Susan on Long Island ---

HI Susan and all,
First off , Susan I didn't say congratulations to you for being one of the
"chosen " to go to Japan!!!! How great is that? CONGRATULATIONS!
our bottle monsters were made using 20oz soda bottles. The actual monsters
came from there tesselations (ala woody) they had to create 3 half monster
faces, when they were nearly done, I thought it would be great to see some of
them in 3-d. soas an addition to there lesson...they had to recreate one of
their 3 faces in 3-d. we waded up news paper, cut cardboard and used twisted
paper(the kind they make bows out of, and covered the armature with instant
paper-mache. since our tesselation lesson was also a lesson in color theory,
Primaries, secondaries and intermediates were abound! We used tempera paint.
 these were my intro to art classes, mostly 9th and 10th grade.
Peace
Gabrielle

---