NAEA

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 17:19:27 PST

Had a great conference experience - I feel renewed and
nourished! I matched faces to names - Judi and Kay!
Craig, Ken and Susan, too! (And congrats on the
Fulbright!) And saw familiar faces - Myriam, Judy (so
glad your purse came back!),Bunki, Carolyn, and
ArtsEdNet and AP friends!

News:

AP Vertical guide to be published in May will be
available as a resource to teachers from MS to HS.
Contact local AP office or this will be avail from
workshops. It will have lessons and tons of examples.
92 colored pages, 5-6 images per page!

Ken Schwab did an awesome printmaking session though
it was scheduled the same time as Bunki's and
Carolyn's - so I could make both:( Ken should do a
workshop next year so we can have a hands on
experience - like the glue silk screens!

Saw Jane Pawlowski present wonderful work with A
PENCIL, A PAINTBRUSH, A MOUSE - using elements and
principles to design digital lessons using guitars, CD
covers, money, advertising campaigns, full magazines,
and self portraits:)

Finally got to meet Craig Roland and see his Online
Art Ed course with Davis Publishing :) A terrific way
to earn credits or to renew certification. (And a new
collaborative website is in the works!)

New web site was introduced - Vice Regal Mexico /
multi cultural influences / interactive activities /
lessons - just a terrific resource!
http://www.fm.coe.uh.edu/

Got to meet Ken Vieth, buy a treasure of a pen, and
speak to a wonderful art educator.

Also met Anna Martin when I went to the session on
Blanket the World with Peace - Peace Online Project
web page. A place to display an electronic quilt of
peace images created by schools. What a cool way to
promote Peace Education!

Well, that's all folks - I hope that you enjoy spring
break!

~^~
Vivian

=====