RE: sharing some more info from NAEA....long again

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:09:15 PST

From Bunki:
> Another workshop I liked was a GEOMETRIC STRUCTURE workshop. It was your
> basic making-a-tectrahedron (triangle) structure but taking if further
> into a dome shape...rounded shape. Instead of using straws and yarn as
> most of us have seen, he cut lots of used ditto paper in
> half...5.5x8"...and we rolled up the each of the papers over a pencil like
> little cigarettes and glue-sticked them. They were MUCH stronger than
> straws which was good for bigger constructions. Our only restriction was
> that the shape had to fit through the door. He had made a little tool for
> each of us out of coat hanger wire with a hook made at each end. This was
> perfect for pulling the yarn through the "cigarettes" and tying together.

My husband and I did this with his K/1 class a couple of years ago on a
larger scale - newspapers rolled on dowel rods made the sticks - then the
kids had to build structures they could fit into -
did it for a parents/child night too -
Fun -
Ellen

On a similar note - does anyone have the instructions for a 'Sierpinsk's
Triangle' kite?

---