Re: Copyright & Plagiarism

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 19:57:46 PST

In a message dated 02/21/2002 7:05:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
justkramer@byte-tsv.net.au writes:

> I guess I missed something along the way in relationship to this issue. When
> has copying equalled dishonesty and cheating? Afterall isn't part of child
> development and the learning process based on mimicing or copying others?
> As
> previously stated - context gives meaning.

Hit the nail on the head, there, Justin. IMO, one can not and should not
make an unequvical statement about copying without first examining its
context and its relationship to the purpose. In all due respect, Marvin's
response seems to be based predominately on theory. Although I value the
point of view of a college professor and is a erience of practice in teaching
K-12, . It sounds intellectually correct, as did many of the theories

---