Re: artists in residence video series

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 15:35:34 PST

Videos that I would consider purchasing would be "how to" videos that
simplify or explain in different ways on the different techniques. I know at
least 2 ways to center clay on the wheel, but I cannot for the life of me do
one of them. Some students struggle with my way and I wish I could show them
the other way so they could see if that way worked for them. And what would
make one "how to" better than another? Zany stupid jokes, upbeat presenters,
entertaining stories, whatever it takes to keep the students involved. Why
do all my current video presenters feel that to be educational it must be
BORING!?!?!?!? Also, include relevant careers that tie in, current trends in
that medium, whatever relates to that medium outside the artroom. Even tho I
tell my students all the time, if they saw it on TV...... :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids