Re: artsednet digest: March 26, 2002

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 13:04:17 PST

Hi all! I took 6 of my art club students to Exploris
museum in Raleigh today to create a recycled mandala
with artist Bryant Holsenbeck. It was a really cool
experience! The mandala is made up of every kind of
throw away lid you can think of: milk containers,
jelly, apple juice, whatever. She had tons of lids in
tons of colors, and the resulting arrangement is
beautiful! Many small school groups are helping her
this week. It began yesterday and will continue
through Saturday, with a reception at the end. It will
then be dismantled ceremoniously. Check it out! The
webcam picture is updated every ten minutes, so it
should be fun to watch the progress.

http://www.exploris.org/visit/webcam/large.html