Vidoes for Middle School

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 12:45:47 PST

My students enjoy "Masters of Illusion". I tie it in with my Renaissance
unit... also good with a lesson on perspective.

Time Life "Lost Civilization" series are good for ancient cultures.

Gerald Brommer's Elements and Principles of Design videos are also good for
middle school.

Seems like most of the individual artist videos are geared to adults -- I
show them anyway and fast forward through parts.

If you are purchasing videos -- most (maybe all?) companies will permit you
to return them. I try to preview as soon as the videos arrive - then mail
back the ones I don't think I can use. It is so hard to tell what a video is
like just by reading those brief descriptions in the catalogs. All videos in
Crizmac seem to be geared to middle school age - but can be shown to other
grade levels, too.

It is too bad the list archives don't search very far back now -- we have
discussed vidoes many times in the past. Some one will know the name of the
Monet video that is so good for elementary (Linnet in Monet's Garden???)

Judy Decker

---