Re: artists in residence video series

---------

From: Marvin P Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 10:45:11 PST

At 01:25 PM 3/27/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I am creating a video series that takes viewers/students into the
>studios of internationally known and award-winning artists . . . . .

Some questions that I would ask:
Are there ever times when you wonder what to do next? How do you get ideas
and what approaches do you use to develop these ideas into artwork? With
video, could one document the process of the development of an idea that
did NOT work and explain why it did not work? How does the artist respond
to and use mistakes as a way to learn?

What is the purpose of artwork? In what ways might your artwork make the
world a better place?

What is the role of "practice" in the artist's work?

Marvin Bartel

---