Re: Challenge: Miami Conference

---------

From: JUDY GROCHOWSKI (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 19:30:10 PST

Hi all,
    I returned tonight from Miami and it was incredible!!!!!!-as it always
is-because we got to be surrounded by those who are charged up about what
they're doing-whether it's Carolyn and Bunki, Maggie, Judy Nagel, Vivian,
Ken, Susan from Long Island, Kaye,....the list goes on and on....of course,
I am only naming some folks, this is by no means an inclusive list....but SO
good to reconnect in person and I feel for those of you who want to attned
and are unable-(I may be in those ranks next year).
    Well, Michal, I'll take the challenge! I got to meet Ken Vieth (From
Ordinary to Extraordinary) and purchase one of his pens!!!!! These were
wonderfully handmade pens....by wrapping a quill on one end of a piece of
wood-a branch-such as grapevine or bamboo or something along those lines.
They were beautifully embellished with wire and beads. He has had his
students make their own pens and then write in their journals about one
aspect of their life which would still be the same in 10 years-not their
weight, for instance, but some aspect of their character....and then to do a
pen and ink self portrait and work in some of the text from the other piece
into this drawn image....my wheels are turning! Hope this description is
clear enough to turn some of yours, as well!
Jude

---