talking about domestic violence

---------

From: Adrienne Neszmelyi (ANeszmelyi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 12:08:35 PST

Hello everyone,

I work as a museum educator and I find this list to be a valuable resource!
I was interested in feedback that you may have on an upcoming exhibit that
we will be having at our museum.

The exhibit is called: A Celebration of Voices: The 25th Anniversary of A
Woman's Place. This exhibit will contain six artists have been commissioned
to create images that honor and celebrate the important work being done by A
Woman's Place, a nationally acclaimed organization that works on behalf of
abused women and children.

We certainly anticipate that we will be having school groups visit us during
the time of the exhibit, and I would like to be able to address the issue of
domestic violence to students.

Since it is such as sensitive topic, I would be interested to find out if
the subject is approached in your classrooms, how it is approached, and to
what age levels.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Adrienne Neszmelyi
Associate Curator of Education