NAEA conference thanks

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 10:29:21 PST

Returned last nite from Miami (after delayed flights and missed
connections). What a wonderful conference! Many thanks to Susan for
arranging our breakfast get-together, to Judy for the tags and dinner
recommendations, to Bunki and Carolyn for a terrific (as always)
presentation, to Ken for offering to share his information, and to all the
rest of you who did great presentations I missed. It was so much fun to put
faces with names. I went to a good presentation on new AP portfolios, as
well as several other good ones. The commercial exhibits were wonderful! One
of the biggest hoots was the one on what retired art teachers do after
retirement. I was one of the youngest there ( a new feeling)-but it was fun
to hear these very dynamic senior citizens talk about their work and their
involvements with art now. Basically, they haven't stopped teaching
art-they're just using different venues.
        I hope Judy found her purse, that no one got too sunburned, and that
everyone made it home safely. Thanks everyone! Linda in NC

---