Re: fund raisers and texts

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 05:35:51 PST

on 3/26/02 7:47 AM, kellym2811@aol.com at kellym2811@aol.com wrote:

Hello all!
The pta at my schools has approached me about doing an end of the year art
auction! We are all very excited about planning this as an annual end of the
year event beginning next year. I wondered what advice you would give about
these kinds of fund raisers? All proceeds would go to the art room.
Also, I am considering buying text next year but would like to get a look at
some different ones. Where can I browse or write to for sample texts and do
you have any recommendations?
Kelly Solack,
Columbus OH ---

our district bought new art resource materials the year before last. we
reviewed books and supplemental materials from a number of different
publishers and decided on the Barrett-Kendall Portfolio series. Our
committee believed this series to be of very high quality and the curriculum
closely followed our own. We did not buy text books for students but did buy
teachers editions and the supplemental materials for grades K-5 and the
middle school materials for our 6th grade. These included wonderful
collections of transparencies for each grade level which i use all the time,
as well as integrated social studies and language arts components, and
assessments. the BK website is
   http://www.barrettkendall.com/portfolios.htm
most publishers will send you sample texts and materials to review if you
ask. they want your business!

linda in michigan

---