Re: found object sculpture

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 02:37:25 PST

on 3/25/02 4:45 AM, ArtOWitz@aol.com at ArtOWitz@aol.com wrote:

> ŠLouise Nevelson has been my motivational source
>Š If you wanted to work smaller I think that
> shoe boxes or dress shirt boxes would work too.Š
> Monica

i've done this with the lids from copy paper boxes. i seem to remember a
problem with certain items - maybe it was styrofoam shapes - not accepting
the spray paint. but other than that, this was a great lesson to focus on
unity, rhythm and movement.

we have a couple of "recycle" stores in the detroit area that sell scraps,
odds & ends from industrial and manufacturing businesses. we can get the
neatest little things in large quantities. their things come from all over
and they always have new and different items in large boxes and barrels. you
just fill up a bag full of whatever you want. it costs something like $3.50
for a small grocery bag and $5 for a large bag. they also offer field trips
where they give a talk on recycling to the kids and then give them a chance
to make a project out of all the cool stuff.

linda in michiganŠ3"-5" predicted for tonight. maybe we can go skiing over
break!

---