Re: artsednet digest: March 24, 2002

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 13:16:59 PST

Maybe something here would help. Writing a grant isn't that hard- just time
consuming.. You could do it. Betsy
GRANT AND FUNDING INFORMATION
   Circulated as a Public Service by NAEA

   The Bell Atlantic Foundation has grants to support organizations that
   improve education, community services, and the arts. The foundation's
   education funding has a technological bent, providing schools with
   access to equipment, integrating technology into the classroom, and
   helping train teachers to use these advances more effectively. Get more
   information at www.bellatlanticfoundation.com.

   The Carolyn Foundation supports the education and development of
   children, youths and families; and arts and culture in New Haven, CT,
   and Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. The foundation favors programmatic
   contributions over capital grants. Grants typically ranged from $5,000
   to $60,000. Deadlines are July 31 and Jan. 31. Contact: Carol Fetzer,
   Carolyn Foundation, 4800 First Bank PI., Minneapolis, MN 55402, (612)
   339-7101.

   The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations support education projects that
   strengthen teachers and their teaching in grades 9-12. Non-profits,
   including school districts, are eligible. The foundation encourages
   collaborations between school districts and higher education
   institutions. Projects should reach a large audience and be adaptable
   for dissemination. In considering proposals to support high school
   teaching, collaborative partnerships between the faculties of colleges
   (e.g., arts, sciences and education) and high schools or combined
   efforts involving reform organizations, colleges/universities and high
   schools are encouraged. Proposals may cover a wide range of initiatives
   to improve teaching. Project examples include teacher professional
   development and use of new technologies to enhance teaching methods.
   Special consideration will be given to projects addressing education
   issues on a national level. Grants typically range from $75,000 to
   $125,000. No deadline. For more information contact Jonathan Howe,
   Executive Director, Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, 111 Riverside Ave.,
   Suite 130, Jacksonville, FL 32202-4921, (904) 359-0670.

   The GenCorp Foundation funds elementary and secondary education projects
   with grants to non-profits, including schools, in communities where the
   company operates. Projects should focus on parental involvement,
   literacy, school-to-work transition, teacher training and student ach
   ievement. GenCorp favors community-based initiatives that promote
   partnerships among schools, business and youth organizations. Grants
   usually range from $1,000 to $5,000, but the foundation has given awards
   up to $100,000. No deadline. For more information, contact Theresa
   Carter, Director, GenCorp Foundation, 175 Ghent Rd., Fairlawn, OH
   44333-3300, (330) 869-4289.

   The Aon Foundation supports projects that promote youth development
   through health, education, the arts and cultural activities, to
   schools, school districts and other nonprofit organizations in
   communities where the company operates, especially the Chicago area.
   Supported initiatives include community-based projects that focus on
   youths' development mentally, physically and academically, and
   demonstrate positive intervention by including an outcome evaluation
   component. Grants range from $1,000 to $10,000. Deadlines are April 1,
   July 1, and Oct. 1. For more information contact Cecilia Garibay, (312)
   701-3035; submit proposals to Carolyn Labutka, Executive Director, Aon
   Foundation, 123 N. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606; fax (312) 701-4533.