Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:50:04 PST

schedule switching happens less often in my particular school becuase of
the crowded schedule, however, in my county it does happen
frequently...i find that if i "scratch their back they scratch mine".
which is the way it should be...we should always look to help each other
out and try to be flexible...its hard enough being a teacher nowadays.
hop

>>> bcriverspirit@yahoo.com 03/23/02 02:27PM >>>

Yea, they switch all the time on us-it used to really tick me off, but
I've mellowed-it just goes with the territory-just last week a 3rd/4th
grade special ed class took her kids to the lower el assembly because
she teaches 2nd grade curriculum to them so that she would get two
breaks-the classroom teachers are the queens of picyone-their lives are
lived by how many "minutes" someone gets. I try to go with the flow and
I must say they have been pretty flexible if I have to change if I've
helped them out. Heyjude5270@aol.com wrote: Just an informal survey
question for elementary teachers out there:
At your school, are teachers permitted to rearrange your schedule
whenever they have field trips, standardized testing, assemblies,
parties, etc, etc., etc., in order that they not miss their planning
period which the "specials" provide? This is a hot topic at my school
right now and I'm really curious as to how you all feel about this and
how it's handled at your schools. Thanks for any input. -judy from
cleveland ---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu