Subject: Help with mobiles

---------

From: Samantha Matalone (MataloneS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 09:47:44 PST

Joe, we teach a lesson on Calder here at the National Portrait Gallery, including an activity on his wire sculpture and mobiles. Email me and I will send you the lesson plan. Anyone else who is interested is welcome to email me as well.

From: "Joe Applebaum" <Joe.Applebaum@lnoca.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 06:05:12 -0800

Does anybody have anyweb sites or lessons for high school students on
making mobiles? I haven't done this in over 14 years, now we are
looking at having a contest at our school for students to create moblies
that will hang in the main stairwell. I have a video on A. Calder and
some books, but I was wondering if there was any other help out there.
Thanks in advance (I know some will help!)

Samantha Matalone
Office of Education
National Portrait Gallery
Smithsonian Institution